If you’re an athlete, an ankle brace can give so many uses. They also come in different sizes and can provide varied utility. Nowadays, ankle braces can be found everywhere and are available in a lot of designs. To give extra support following an injury to avoid an ankle sprain from occurring.
What is an Ankle Brace?
An ankle brace is a vital piece of equipment you link to your ankle. That features a particular combination of plastic, metal, and fabric. To give protection and support, ankle braces can be equipped with velcro or laces. Several braces are designed particularly to be lightweight and pull-on.
These lightweight braces are used to help in compression. Compression aids with inflammation following a specific intense training session or injury. Ankle braces give stronger support that is designed with reinforcements. On either side of the ankle to help avoid re-injury.
Various Types of Ankle Brace:
Lace-up, post-injury, and rigid braces are the three types of an ankle brace. The low-end ankle braces are mostly found at commercial sporting goods stores.
- Lace-up braces are made from a nylon-vinyl material and are semi-rigid. The advantage of this brace is that it can be secured based on the wearer’s comfort level. The lace-up brace can be located in some commercial sporting goods stores online or drug stores.
- These types of braces are very firm braces. They’re either gel-filled or air-filled with two plastics for dorsiflexion and plantarflexion. Post-injury braces are principally used to prevent inversion and eversion. Also, used to push out swelling. These types of braces are not deliberated for functional activity.
- Rigid braces are in 2 various types, lace-up or stirrup. The brace can be used in concurrence with the rehabilitation of an injury. This brace is usually used in basketball and volleyball because of the frequency of jumping, Also, this brace has a high level of protection. The lace-up brace has 2 plastic inserts on every side of the ankle. Some brands also have straps that wrap around the ankle for extra support.
Benefits of Ankle Braces:
- Preventing Re-injury
- You might want to consider wearing an ankle brace in the future once you’ve experienced a lot of ankle injuries. It works effectively as a preventative measure for coming injury. It is also a cost-friendly than usually taping your ankle. You must wear the brace every time you join in any sort of intense physical activity.
- Great ankle bracelets handle the amount of weight and pressure you place on an injured ankle. It can help lessen the chances of chronic pain and arthritis from occurring.
- Reduce Swelling
- Ankle braces can decrease swelling that aids as a compression device throughout your injury. Reducing swelling aids your injury recovery. This can support further pain and damage. Depending on the seriousness of your sprain. These braces are designed to immobilize your ankle’s joints and ligaments.
- The Range of Motion
- You can assist regain your range of motion while recovering from your ankle injury. By doing some ankle exercises while using your ankle brace. Ankle exercises must be recommended by your physician.
These are just some of the amazing benefits of using the ankle brace. Also, most people with mild to average carpal tunnel syndrome wear a carpal tunnel brace. It is a great help since it keeps your wrist in a neutral position or straight. You only need to ensure to check and consult first your healthcare provider before using any.